Our occupational health & safety programme is set out below. It is owned and endorsed by the CSR committee of the Board of Directors; responsibility for the successful implementation of this programme belongs to every Coca‑Cola Hellenic employee at each level and function in the organisation.
Coca‑Cola Hellenic is committed to developing and applying effective occupational health and safety (OH&S) systems, standards and practices appropriate to risks associated with its business activities.
The Company delivers its OH&S programme through structured implementation of the Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series standard OHSAS 18001. This is enhanced by The Coca‑Cola Company and Coca‑Cola Hellenic specific occupational health and safety standards. This programme aims to provide and maintain a healthy, safe working environment and to minimise the risks to employees, contractors, visitors and others who may be affected by the activities of the company, while fulfilling consumer and customer expectations of high quality, safe products.
The commitment to providing a healthy and safe working environment supports the following health and safety principles:
- Provide an environment where work-related health and safety risks are controlled to prevent injuries and occupational ill health
- Comply with all national government and regulatory OH&S requirements in all Coca‑Cola Hellenic territories and to conform to relevant international standards by implementing continuous improvement programmes
- Implement an effective OH&S management programme integral to ongoing business activities, which will:
- Identify, assess and control risks from known causes of occupational injuries and ill health associated with workplace processes and working environments
- Ensure that all employees, at every level of the organisation, understand and commit to implementation of the Coca‑Cola Hellenic OH&S policies and practices
- Develop employee OH&S competency through effective training and leadership at all levels within the organisation
- Subject OH&S systems, procedures and performance to internal and external audit and validation
- Investigate the causes of work-related injuries and ill health and take action to prevent recurrence
- Align the requirements of OH&S with all other business disciplines and ensure that they are subject to performance measurement and continuous improvement programmes
- Include health and safety strategies in the annual business planning process to ensure that the subject remains an integral part of operations
- Set annual measurable OH&S objectives for all operations, and at group level, to ensure continuous improvement and compliance with all standards
Coca‑Cola Hellenic reports its OH&S performance in its annual Integrated Report as part of its commitment to achieving excellence in OH&S performance.