Athens, Greece – 19 June 2009 - The Annual General Meeting of the shareholders of Coca‑Cola Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. (Coca‑Cola Hellenic, the Company) took place on 18 June 2009. 336 shareholders representing 268,749,500 shares, out of a total number of 365,402.097, (i.e. 73.54%) of the Company’s share capital were present or represented and voted at the Meeting.
The following matters on the Agenda were discussed and the following decisions were made:
1. The Management Report by the Board of Directors and the Audit Certificate by the Company’s Chartered Auditor-Accountant on the Company’s Financial Statements and activities for the fiscal year which ended on 31.12.2008 were submitted.
2. The Company’s annual Financial Statements for the fiscal year which ended on 31.12.2008 and of the consolidated Financial Statements were submitted and approved.
3. The members of the Board of Directors and the Auditors of the Company were released from any liability for their activity during the fiscal year ended on 31.12.2008.
4. The remuneration of the members of the Board of Directors for their participation in the meetings of the Board of Directors and for their services to the Company for the fiscal year 2008 was approved and their remuneration for the fiscal year 2009 was pre-approved.
5. PricewaterhouseCoopers were elected as Statutory Auditors for the fiscal year 2009 and the Board of Directors was authorised to determine their fees.
6. The distribution of a dividend of EUR 0.28 per share was approved. Applicable law requires that dividends accruing to the Company's 605,700 treasury shares be applied to the total amount of dividends payable to shareholders. As a result, the dividend per share is increased to EUR 0.280465 per share. The above amount is subject to a 10% withholding tax, pursuant to article 18 of Law 3697/2008. The exdividend date is Monday 22 June 2009 and the record date is Wednesday 24 June 2009, (i.e. shareholders of the Company registered on the Dematerialised Securities System (DSS) at the closing of trading on the Athens Exchange on 24 June 2009 will be entitled to receive the dividend). The payment of dividend will commence on Monday 29 June 2009 and will be made through National Bank of Greece S.A.
7. An Audit Committee was appointed pursuant to article 37 of Law 3693/2008, comprising of the following members of the Board of Directors:
Κent Atkinson: independent non-executive director
Samir Toubassy: independent non-executive director
Nigel Macdonald: independent non-executive director with proven adequate knowledge of accounting and auditing matters
8. The item “Amendment of the terms an existing stock option plan for employees of the Company and its affiliates, in accordance with article 13, paragraph 13 of Codified Law 2190/1920”, was withdrawn.
9. The adoption of a stock option plan for employees of the Company and its affiliates, in accordance with article 13, paragraph 13 of Codified Law 2190/1920, was approved.
Investor Relations Director
email : email@example.com
Investor Relations Associate
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
European press contact:
Financial Dynamics London
About Coca‑Cola Hellenic
Coca‑Cola Hellenic is one of the world's largest bottlers of products of The Coca‑Cola Company with sales of more than 2 billion unit cases. It has broad geographic reach with operations in 28 countries serving a population of approximately 560 million people. Coca‑Cola Hellenic offers a diverse range of ready-to-drink non-alcoholic beverages in the sparkling, juice, water, sport, energy, tea and coffee categories. Coca‑Cola Hellenic is committed to promoting sustainable development in order to create value for its business and for society. This includes providing products that meet the beverage needs of consumers, fostering an open and inclusive work environment, conducting our business in ways that protect and preserve the environment and contribute to the socio-economic development of our local communities.
Coca‑Cola Hellenic‘s shares are listed on the Athens Exchange (ATHEX: EEEK), with a secondary listing on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: CCB). Coca‑Cola Hellenic’s American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CCH) and Chess Depositary Instruments (CDIs) are listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX: CHB). Coca‑Cola Hellenic is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability and FTSE4Good Indexes. For more information, please visit www.coca-colahellenic.com