Athens, Greece – 22 June 2010 - The Annual General Meeting of the shareholders of Coca‑Cola Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. (Coca‑Cola Hellenic, Company) took place on Monday, 21 June 2010. 332 shareholders representing 265,087,380 shares, out of a total number of 365,864,092 shares, i.e. 72.45% of the Company’s share capital, were present or represented and voted at the Meeting.
The following items on the Agenda were discussed and the following decisions were made:
- The Management Report by the Board of Directors and the Audit Report by the Company’s Statutory Auditor-Accountant on the Company’s Financial Statements and activities for the fiscal year which ended on 31.12.2009 were submitted.
- The Company’s annual Financial Statements and the consolidated Financial Statements for the fiscal year which ended on 31.12.2009 were submitted and approved.
- The members of the Board of Directors and the Auditors of the Company were released from any liability for their activities during the fiscal year which ended on 31.12.2009.
- The remuneration of the members of the Board of Directors for their participation in the meetings of the Board of Directors and for their services to the Company for the fiscal year 2009 was approved and their remuneration for the fiscal year 2010 was pre-approved.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers were elected as Statutory Auditors for the fiscal year 2010 and the Board of Directors was authorised to determine their fees.
- The distribution of a dividend of EUR 0.30 per share was approved. Such amount is increased, according to the law, by the dividend that corresponds to the 3,081,812 treasury shares of the Company, i.e. the total dividend per share amounts to EUR 0.302548. The above amount is subject to a 10% withholding tax, pursuant to article 18 of Law 3697/2008. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, 23 June 2010 and the date of determination of dividend beneficiaries is Friday, 25 June 2010, i.e. shareholders of the Company registered on the Dematerialised Securities System (DSS) at the closing of trading on the Athens Exchange on 25 June 2010 will be entitled to receive the dividend. The payment of dividend will commence on Thursday 1st July 2010 and will be made through National Bank of Greece S.A.
- The election of Mr. Christos Ioannou as an independent non-executive member of the Board of Directors was approved, in replacement of Mr. Samir Toubassy. The appointment of Mr. Ioannou as a member of the Board of Directors audit committee was also approved.
- Article 2 of the Articles of Association regarding the Company’s scope of business was amended.
- The terms of existing programmes for the granting of stock options to the personnel of the Company and its affiliated companies, pursuant to article 13, para. 13 of Codified Law 2190/1920, were amended.
|Investor Relations Director||email : firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Investor Relations Associate||email : email@example.com|
|European press contact:|
|Financial Dynamics London||Tel:|
|Greg Quine||email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
About Coca‑Cola Hellenic
Coca‑Cola Hellenic is one of the world's largest bottlers of products of The Coca‑Cola Company with sales of more than 2 billion unit cases. It has broad geographic reach with operations in 28 countries serving a population of approximately 560 million people. Coca‑Cola Hellenic offers a diverse range of ready-to-drink non-alcoholic beverages in the sparkling, juice, water, sport, energy, tea and coffee categories. Coca‑Cola Hellenic is committed to promoting sustainable development in order to create value for its business and for society. This includes providing products that meet the beverage needs of consumers, fostering an open and inclusive work environment, conducting our business in ways that protect and preserve the environment and contribute to the socio-economic development of our local communities.
Coca‑Cola Hellenic‘s shares are listed on the Athens Exchange (ATHEX: EEEK), with a secondary listing on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: CCB). Coca‑Cola Hellenic’s American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CCH). Coca‑Cola Hellenic is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability and FTSE4Good Indexes. For more information, please visit www.coca-colahellenic.com