Athens, Greece – 6 May 2011 - The Annual General Meeting of the shareholders of Coca‑Cola Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. (Coca‑Cola Hellenic, Company) took place on Friday, 6 May 2011. 713 shareholders representing 263,681,511 shares, out of a total number of 366,490,952 shares, i.e. 71.95% of the Company's share capital, were present or represented and voted at the Meeting.
The following items on the Agenda were discussed and the following decisions were taken:
- The Management Report by the Board of Directors and the Audit Report by the Company's Statutory Auditor-Accountant on the Company's Financial Statements and activities for the fiscal year which ended on 31.12.2010 were submitted.
- The Company's annual Financial Statements and the consolidated Financial Statements for the fiscal year which ended on 31.12.2010 were submitted and approved.
- The members of the Board of Directors and the Statutory Auditors of the Company were discharged from any liability for their activities during the fiscal year which ended on 31.12.2010.
- The remuneration of the members of the Board of Directors for their participation in the meetings of the Board of Directors and for their services to the Company for the fiscal year 2010 was approved and their remuneration for the fiscal year 2011 was pre-approved.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers were elected as Statutory Auditors for the fiscal year 2011 and the Board of Directors was authorised to determine their fees.
- The financial results for the fiscal year 2010 were approved.
- The election of Mr. John Hunter as non-executive member of the Board of Directors was approved, in replacement of Mr. Alexander B. Cummings.
- The members of the Board of Directors were re-elected as follows, for a term of three years, i.e. until the Annual General Meeting of 2014:
|Doros Constantinou||executive director|
|George A. David||non-executive director|
|Anastasios G. David||non-executive director|
|Anastasios P. Leventis||non-executive director|
|Haralambos K. Leventis||non-executive director|
|John Hunter||non-executive director|
|Irial Finan||non-executive director|
|Κent Atkinson||independent non-executive director|
|Antonio D’ Amato||independent non-executive director|
|Sir Michael Llewellyn-Smith||independent non-executive director|
|Nigel Macdonald||independent non-executive director|
|Christos Ioannou||independent non-executive director|
Furthermore, Messrs Kent Atkinson, Nigel Macdonald and Christos Ioannou were re-elected as members of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- It was approved to increase the share capital of the Company by the amount of EUR 549,736,428 through the capitalization of reserves, by increasing the nominal value of the Company's share by EUR 1.50 per share, from EUR 0.50 to EUR 2.00 per share.
- It was approved to decrease the share capital of the Company by the amount of EUR 183,245,476, by decreasing the nominal value of the Company's share by EUR 0.50 per share, from EUR 2.00 to EUR 1.50 per share, and the return of the amount of the decrease to the Company's shareholders in cash, i.e. a return of EUR 0.50 per share. The ex-rights date will be 10 June 2011, the record date will be 15 June 2011, and the payment of the capital return to the shareholders will commence on 21 June 2011. Furthermore, the General Meeting authorized the Company's Board of Directors to proceed with all necessary actions for the implementation of the return of the amount of the decrease to the shareholders.
- The amendment of Article 3 of the Articles of Association of the Company, and the codification of the Articles of Association in a single document were approved.
The breakdown of the votes for each resolution will be posted on the Company website www.coca-colahellenic.com within five (5) days, in accordance with article 32, paragraph 1 of Codified Law 2190/1920.
Investor Relations Director
|Tel: +30 210 618 3255
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Investor Relations Associate
|Tel: +30 210 618 3124
email : email@example.com
|European press contact:
Financial Dynamics London
|Tel: +44 20 7269 7206
Coca‑Cola Hellenic is the second-largest bottler of products of The Coca‑Cola Company in terms of volume with sales of more than 2 billion unit cases. It has broad geographic footprint with operations in 28 countries serving a population of more than 560 million people. Coca‑Cola Hellenic offers a diverse range of ready-to-drink non-alcoholic beverages in the sparkling, juice, water, sport, energy, tea and coffee categories. Coca‑Cola Hellenic is committed to promoting sustainable development in order to create value for its business and for society. This includes providing products that meet the beverage needs of consumers, fostering an open and inclusive work environment, conducting our business in ways that protect and preserve the environment and contribute to the socio-economic development of our local communities.
Coca‑Cola Hellenic's shares are listed on the Athens Exchange (ATHEX: EEEK), with a secondary listing on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: CCB). Coca‑Cola Hellenic's American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CCH). Coca‑Cola Hellenic is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability and FTSE4Good Indexes. For more information, please visit www.coca-colahellenic.com