Maroussi, Greece 26 February 2010 - Coca‑Cola Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. ("Coca‑Cola Hellenic", the "Company"), makes this announcement in connection with the exercise in February 2010 of stock options by employees (and former employees) of the Company and its affiliated companies, pursuant to stock option plans approved by the General Meetings of the Company.
The announcement contains the exercise prices and the number of shares that were granted and will be listed on the Athens Exchange upon application by the Company.
1.The offering was made to 87 (current and former) employees of the Company (65 of which are employees or former employees of the Company's foreign affiliates). Out of those employees, 22 persons (14 of which are employees or former employees of the Company's foreign affiliates) exercised stock options by written notice to the Company's Board of Directors. The offering was made with respect to an aggregate of 4,011,240 new ordinary shares of the Company, of a nominal value of EUR 0.50 each, out of which 163,354 options were actually exercised and an equal number of shares was issued.
2. Τhe total number of stock options that have been granted by the Board of Directors to this date, as authorised by the General Meeting of shareholders, amounts to 16,851,611. Out of these options, 7,249,855 are currently in force (i.e. they have neither been exercised nor forfeited), of which 3,847,886 options have already vested and the others will vest in stages until December 10, 2012.
3. The exercise price of the new shares is as follows:
|Number of plan||Date of approval by the General Meeting||Date of approval by the Board of Directors||Exercise price in EUR before the issuance of bonus shares*||Exercise price in EUR after the bonus issuance and before the adjustment for capital return*||Adjusted exercise price in EUR following the capital return*||Options exercised / Shares granted||Amount in Euros|
(*) Denotes the exercise price per share in relation to the Company's Stock Option Plans, as this was initially determined by decisions of the General Meetings of the Company dated 22.11.2001, 06.06.2003 and 17.06.2005 respectively, and subsequently adjusted as a consequence of the decision of the General Meeting dated 15.10.2007 to issue bonus shares. The exercise price per share in relation to the Company's Stock Option Plans was adjusted further as a consequence of the decision of the Extraordinary General Meeting dated 16.10.2009 to return capital to its shareholders (see column under "Adjusted exercise price in EUR following the capital return.").
(**) Denotes that such exercise price was calculated as the average of the Company's share price at close of trading on the Athens Stock Exchange over the last ten (10) business days prior to the relevant decision of the Board of Directors that granted the options.
(***) Options under plan No1 were exercised before the adjustment of the exercise price due to the capital return.
(****) Denotes that such exercise price was equal to the closing price of the Company 's share on the Stock Exchange on the Grant Date.
4. The payment of the share capital increase of the Company was completed on 8 February 2010 and was certified by virtue of a decision of the Company's Board of Directors dated 9 February 2010. The Ministry of Finance, Competitiveness and Shipping proceeded to the registration of the share capital increase and the certification of its payment with the Companies Registry by its Decision Nr [K2-1503/18.02.2010].
5. The share capital of the Company was increased by EUR 81,677.00 whereas the share premium account was increased by EUR 1,458,904.69. As a result, the share capital of the Company amounts to EUR 182,851,214.50 and is divided into 365,702,429 ordinary shares of a nominal value of EUR 0.50 each.
6. The Company will proceed to all necessary actions required by law in order to effect the listing of the new shares on the Athens Stock Exchange.
The person responsible for the accuracy of the information related to the Stock Option Plan is Mrs. Sarah Robinson, Director Rewards & Corporate HR Business Partnership, tel.: +30 210 61 83 175. Interested parties may obtain a copy of this document from the Company's registered seat (9 Frangoklissias Street, Maroussi) and in electronic form from the Company's website (www.coca-colahellenic.com). Further information may be obtained from Mr. Vassilis Fragoulis, Group Compensation and Benefits Manager, tel.: +30 210 61 83 312.
|George Toulantas||Tel: +30 210 618 3255|
|Director Investor Relations||email : firstname.lastname@example.org|
|FOR ELEMENTS OF THE STOCK OPTION PLAN|
|Sarah Robinson||Tel: +30 210 61 83 175|
|Director Rewards||email: email@example.com|
|Vassilis Fragoulis||Tel: +30 210 61 83 312|
|Group Compensation and Benefits Manager||email : firstname.lastname@example.org|
About Coca‑Cola Hellenic
Coca‑Cola Hellenic is one of the world's largest bottlers of products of The Coca‑Cola Company with sales of more than 2 billion unit cases. It has broad geographic reach with operations in 28 countries serving a population of approximately 560 million people. Coca‑Cola Hellenic offers a diverse range of ready-to-drink non-alcoholic beverages in the sparkling, juice, water, sport, energy, tea and coffee categories. Coca‑Cola Hellenic is committed to promoting sustainable development in order to create value for its business and for society. This includes providing products that meet the beverage needs of consumers, fostering an open and inclusive work environment, conducting our business in ways that protect and preserve the environment and contribute to the socio-economic development of our local communities.
Coca‑Cola Hellenic‘s shares are listed on the Athens Exchange (ATHEX: EEEK), with a secondary listing on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: CCB). Coca‑Cola Hellenic's American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CCH). Coca‑Cola Hellenic is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability and FTSE4Good Indexes. For more information, please visit www.coca-colahellenic.com