HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE FULL YEAR • Volume of 1,539 million unit cases, 10% ahead of the same period in 2004;
• Operating profit of €450.7 million versus €421.8 million, 7% ahead of the prior year;
• Net income of €298.9 million versus €272.1 million, a 10% increase compared to the same period in 2004.
FOURTH QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
• Volume of 353 million unit cases, 8% ahead of the same period in 2004;
• Operating profit of €25.5 million versus €27.4 million, 7% behind the same period in 2004;
• Net income of €2.1 million versus net loss of € 1.1m million in the same period in 2004.
Doros Constantinou, Managing Director of Coca‑Cola HBC, commented:
“We are very pleased to report another year of strong performance, the fifth consecutive year since Coca‑Cola HBC was formed. In 2005, we took a number of initiatives that were the drivers behind this growth with a key focus on marketplace execution, expansion of our product offerings and an on-going emphasis on supply chain improvements, mitigating the negative effect of significantly higher raw material costs. At the same time in line with our strategy on non-CSD expansion, we completed the acquisition of Multon juice in Russia, Vlasinka water in Serbia & Montenegro and Bankya water in Bulgaria together with The Coca‑Cola Company.
2005 has been a landmark year for CCHBC as our ROIC performance has continued to improve strongly and exceeded our weighted average cost of capital, (9%) this year, a year ahead of our original target. This achievement is by no means our final destination and shareholder value creation will continue to be a key area of focus in the future.
The successful execution of our strategy continues to provide a robust platform for growth. We believe that we have the passion and expertise to continue to leverage the potential of our unique country portfolio and expect our ongoing initiatives to deliver yet another year of solid performance.”
February 15, 2006
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE PRESS RELEASE