Business momentum continues - guidance upgrade
HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE NINE MONTHS
• Volume of 1,554 million unit cases, 14% above 2006,
• Strong operating profit (EBIT) momentum to €616 million, 20% above prior year, on a comparable basis,
• Net profit of €435 million, 18% above prior year, on a comparable basis,
• EPS of €1.80, 18% above prior year, on a comparable basis.
THIRD QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
• Volume of 584 million unit cases, 12% above 2006,
• Solid improvement in operating profit (EBIT) to €285 million, 21% above prior year, on a comparable basis,
• Net profit of €213 million, 22% above prior year, on a comparable basis,
• EPS of €0.88, 21% above prior year, on a comparable basis.
Note: Comparable financial indicators (previously referred to as ‘underlying’) exclude in 2006 the recognition of pre-acquisition tax losses, significant restructuring costs and non-recurring items.
Doros Constantinou, Managing Director of Coca‑Cola Hellenic, commented:
“Our performance in the third quarter has built on the strong momentum achieved at the half year with the continued successful execution of our strategy across our geographies and product categories. We delivered another quarter of robust volume growth, together with strong operating margin expansion and as a result we are upgrading our guidance on our full year financial targets.
We are in the process of completing our business planning cycle and believe that our incountry strategic initiatives, coupled with the positive momentum we are witnessing across our territories, will support Coca‑Cola Hellenic’s vision of being the undisputed leader in every market in which we compete.”
13 November 2007
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE PRESS RELEASE