HALF YEAR HIGHLIGHTS
- Volume of 1,014 million unit cases, 5% above 2007. Net revenue rose to €3,314 million, 7% above 2007.
- Operating profit (EBIT) of €313 million, 5% below prior year.
- Net profit of €210 million, 5% below prior year, and earnings per
SECOND QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
- Volume of 585 million unit cases, 3% above 2007. Net revenue rose to €1,942 million, 5% above 2007.
- Operating profit (EBIT) of €247 million, 9% below prior year.
- Net profit of €182 million, 8% below prior year, and earnings per share of €0.50, 7% below prior year.
Doros Constantinou, Managing Director of Coca‑Cola Hellenic, commented:
“Our market update in June highlighted the difficult trading environment that the sector is facing. With the early implementation of several initiatives to meet near term profitability challenges, we believe we can achieve our full year guidance. Clearly, however, the economic climate, together with input costs remains uncertain, and we will continue to be watchful of developments.
We remain focused on our long-term strategic priorities and our balance sheet retains the flexibility required to pursue additional opportunities. We will continue to invest in future platforms for growth, given our long-term view of the marketplace, and the confidence that we have in our ability to leverage our superior marketplace execution and route-to-market capabilities. In addition, the evolution of our portfolio of products continues to resonate with the long-term wellness trends we are seeing in our territories.”
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE PRESS RELEASE