HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE HALF YEAR • Volume of 936 million unit cases, 16% ahead of the same period in 2006;
• Operating profit of €312.5 million versus €229.0 million, 36% increase compared to the prior year;
• Net income of €213.7 million versus €176.8 million, 21% increase compared to the same period in 2006.
SECOND QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
• Volume of 549 million unit cases, 15% ahead of the same period in 2006;
• Operating profit of €258.0 million versus €202.3 million, 28% increase compared to the same period in 2006.
• Net income of €191.4 million versus €177.0 million, 8% increase compared to the same period in 2006.
Doros Constantinou, Managing Director of Coca‑Cola HBC, commented:
“We are pleased to report another strong quarter of robust volume growth and operating margin expansion, despite higher raw material costs and additional investment in our sales capabilities in the established markets. Based on the strong momentum we have seen in the first half of the year, we are confident in our prospects for the balance of the year and accordingly, are raising our full year guidance.
The second quarter also marked improved and sustainable margin expansion in the developing markets, continued strong profitability in Bulgaria and Romania post EU accession as well as further investments in Russian production capacity to further extend our market leadership in this high growth market.”
August 9, 2007
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE PRESS RELEASE