HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE HALF YEAR
• Volume of 806 million unit cases, 8% ahead of the same period in 2005;
• Operating profit of €229.0 million versus €229.9 million compared to the prior year;
• Net income of €176.8 million versus €151.8 million, 16% increase compared to the same period in 2005.
SECOND QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
• Volume of 479 million unit cases, 10% ahead of the same period in 2005;
• Operating profit of €202.3 million versus €183.1 million, 10% ahead of the same period in 2005;
• Net income of €177.0 million versus net income of €138.8 million in the same period in 2005.
Doros Constantinou, Managing Director of Coca‑Cola HBC, commented:
“Robust organic volume growth across all of our product categories was a key driver of our performance during the second quarter. The strength of our geographic portfolio and the successful execution of our plans were core to us posting high single digit growth in CSD’s as well as double digit growth in non-CSDs despite of softness in two of our key markets. We have managed to largely offset the raw material cost pressures and increased investment in our sales force and market initiatives, mainly through revenue growth management execution and our supply chain cost efficiencies, resulting in only a slight decline of our margins. Despite the recently increased geopolitical tensions in the Middle East and the continuous softness in two of our key markets, we remain confident that our strategic and operational focus will enable us to achieve our full year guidance.”
August 10, 2006
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE PRESS RELEASE