DELIVERING RESULTS THROUGH OPERATIONAL FOCUS
Coca‑Cola HBC AG, the second largest bottler of the brands of The Coca‑Cola Company, reports its financial results for the full year ended 31 December 2014.
Fourth quarter and full-year highlights
- Volumes increased in the quarter compared to the prior-year quarter, with good performances in Russia, Nigeria, Poland, Austria and Greece; all three segments beat their nine-month volume trend, resulting in overall full-year volumes slightly better than expected
- Volume and value share continued to grow in the fourth quarter in the majority of our countries, ending the full year with higher or stable share in 16 markets in Sparkling beverages and in 10 markets in NARTD1
- In the fourth quarter, FX-neutral net sales revenue per unit case continued to improve, albeit at a slightly slower pace than in the first nine months, bringing the full-year increase to 2.5%
- In the quarter, more favourable input costs than expected in the quarter partly compensated for the significant adverse movements in currencies seen since the latter part of November, which exceeded our expectations by €15 million
- Persistent adverse currency movements and subdued volumes in the year were partly offset by revenue growth initiatives including pricing and improved package mix as well as favourable input costs, resulting in lower comparable EBIT than in the prior year; broadly stable comparable EBIT margin year on year
- Comparable EPS – down 5.6% in the year - benefited from the refinancing of debt in 2013
- The Board of Directors proposes a 0.36 Euro dividend per share (2013: 0.354 Euro)
|Volume (m unit cases)||485.1||481.1||0.8%|
|Net Sales Revenue (€ m)||1,510.0||1,574.6||-4.1%|
|Net Sales Revenue per Unit Case (€)||3.11||3.27||-4.9%|
|Currency Neutral Net Sales Revenue per Unit Case (€)||3.11||3.05||2.0%|
|Comparable EBIT (€ m)||56.9||68.3||-16.7%|
|Comparable EBIT margin (%)||3.8||4.3||-50bps|
|Comparable Net Profit* (€ m)||30.4||34.3||-11.4%|
|Comparable EPS (€)||0.083||0.094||-11.7%|
|Full year||Full year||Change|
|Volume (m unit cases)||2,002.9||2,060.5||-2.8%|
|Net Sales Revenue (€ m)||6,510.2||6,874.0||-5.3%|
|Net Sales Revenue per Unit Case (€)||3.25||3.34||-2.7%|
|Currency Neutral Net Sales Revenue per Unit Case (€)||3.25||3.17||2.5%|
|Comparable EBIT (€ m)||424.7||453.9||-6.4%|
|Comparable EBIT margin (%)||6.5||6.6||-10bps|
|Comparable Net Profit* (€ m)||277.4||293.1||-5.4%|
|Comparable EPS (€)||0.761||0.806||-5.6%|
* Comparable Net Profit refers to comparable net profit after tax attributable to owners of the parent.
Dimitris Lois, Chief Executive Officer of Coca‑Cola HBC AG, commented:
“Our business, with its strategy focused on execution in the markets, has delivered in a difficult year. We have won share, protected our margin and generated solid free cash flow.
“In 2015, we will continue to pursue our strategy with a wide range of planned actions, from improving volumes through marketing initiatives and focusing on affordability to our proven self-help efficiency measures. These efforts, along with materially reduced input costs, will help to mitigate the negative impacts of currency volatility, and related uncertainty in some key markets. We anticipate a challenging year and are optimistic that our business will prove its strengths in adversity.”
1 Nielsen December data based on 24 measured markets in Sparkling beverages and 21 measured markets in NARTD; NARTD: non-alcoholic ready-to-drink
Coca‑Cola HBC is committed to promoting sustainable development in order to create value for its business and for society. This includes providing products that meet the beverage needs of consumers, fostering an open and inclusive work environment, conducting its business in ways that protect and preserve the environment and contribute to the socio-economic development of the local communities.
Coca‑Cola HBC has a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: CCH) and its shares are listed on the Athens Exchange (ATHEX: EEE). Coca‑Cola HBC is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability and FTSE4Good Indexes. For more information, please visit http://www.coca-colahellenic.com/.