We are the first strategic bottling partner of The Coca‑Cola Company to distribute and market Costa Coffee products following Coca‑Cola’s acquisition of Costa Coffee in 2019.
“Adding the exceptional Costa brand reinforces the strength, breadth and flexibility of our portfolio and marks the start of our long-term growth plan to provide Costa Coffee, whatever and wherever the occasion across all our 28 markets.” Zoran Bogdanovic, CEO of Coca‑Cola HBC
This means that the great taste of Costa Coffee is now available in a new range that can be enjoyed at-home, on-the-go and at-work in Bulgaria, Poland, Hungary, Romania and Greece. The range will soon be available in Switzerland, Croatia, Slovenia, Ireland and Northern Ireland with more to come in 2020.
“Combining our scale and distribution credentials, as well as the multiple solutions and support we will be offering, with the exceptional Costa Coffee brand, will enable us to become the best coffee partner for our customers and their consumers and shoppers.” Prodromos Nikolaidis, Group Coffee Director
Product range & blends
We offer a wide range of blends and formats to meet all consumer and customer needs.
In addition to this, we provide best in class training, service and technical support. The full range of Costa Coffee products includes whole beans, roast & ground coffee, coffee pods, Ready-To-Drink coffee and self-serve barista-quality coffee on-the-go, via Costa Express machines.
We are focused on At Home (Retail) and Away from Home (At Work, Ho.Re.Ca, On the Go) channels. However, the current climate requires us to adapt to the situation in relation to movement, working and social distancing restrictions.
We are delighted to be able to offer our customers an at-home Costa Coffee experience for their shoppers/consumers to enjoy. Building on the power of the Costa brand, we are also working closely with our customers in cafes, bars and hotels to offer Costa Coffee as restrictions are gradually lifted.
We remain 100% ready to activate 4 out of 5 Costa Platforms: At Home (packaged coffee), Away from Home (branded coffee via At Work, Ho.Re.Ca, On the Go Customers), Ready to Drink and Costa Coffee Express machines.
Opening new franchise coffee shops is not part of these plans.
We are offering a unique set of Coffee services to our customers. These include the supply of beans and equipment, technical support, brand activation and all this comes with the sustainability credentials of the Costa brand.
In addition, we have brought together a community of coffee experts to support with significant operational efficiencies via 360o training and utilization of connected coffee machines. At the same time, we are working on a broad range of digital solutions and business models, which will be gradually made available and will enable us to meet more customer needs on more occasions.
Although opening new franchise coffee shops is not part of our plans, existing Costa Coffee franchise stores play an essential role in building and strengthening brand recognition.
Costa Coffee’s mission is to inspire the world to love great coffee
Founded in London by Italian brothers Sergio and Bruno Costa in 1971, Costa Coffee operates in 31 international markets, with over 2,700+ coffee shops in the UK&I and 1,200+ globally.
It is the fastest growing coffee shop business in the UK&I and proud to be the nation’s favourite coffee shop, having been awarded “Best Branded Coffee Shop Chain in the UK and Ireland” by Allegra Strategies for ten consecutive years (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019).
- It took 112 attempts to achieve the Costa Coffee Signature blend
- This signature blend is slow roasted to create a perfectly balanced flavour
- All Costa beans are roasted in their roasteries to a special specification for their Signature blend, directed by their Master of Coffee
- It takes 100 hours/up to 6 months of training to become a barista Maestro
- Costa have 24 academies across the world training baristas
- Less than 5% of beans in the world are good enough for Costa Coffee
- 100% of Costa Coffee beans are Rainforest Alliance (RFA) certified
- The Master of Coffee’s team tastes every batch - that is 5000 cups a year
- Their Master of Coffee’s tongue was insured for £10m
- Costa Express machines continuously self-check and turn themselves off and raise the alarm if everything is not perfect
- Costa only use fresh beans and milk in their Express machines
About the Rainforest Alliance Certification
Costa Coffee is proud to have been working with the RFA since 2008 and were the first UK coffee shop to source 100% of their coffee from Rainforest Alliance Certified™ farms (as well as their hot chocolate).
The Rainforest Alliance (RFA) is an international non-profit organisation, working to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal.
Every Rainforest Alliance product is grown following strict guidelines for better farming methods and conditions for workers, plus better care for nature.
Only 6% of the world’s coffee meets these high standards, but for Costa Coffee it’s a non-negotiable. This means they can be confident that the coffee and cocoa served to customers has been produced responsibly and sustainably.
- Making a positive contribution to their communities is extremely important to Costa, both in the UK and globally.
- That’s why they established The Costa Foundation, a registered charity with the aim of improving the life chances of children in coffee growing communities by helping them access a safe, quality education.
- So far, the Costa Foundation has funded over 80 school projects and changed the lives of more than 75,000 children.
- They also have a UK-wide Community Programme, which enables their teams to volunteer their time to good causes locally and to invite community groups to make use of their welcoming space in store.