Latest financial update
EXCELLENT FIRST HALF RESULTS
Half-yearly financial report for the six months ended 30 June 2017
Coca‑Cola HBC AG, a leading bottler of The Coca‑Cola Company, reports its financial results for the six months ended 30 June 2017.
- Revenue growth accelerated in the second quarter, up 5.7% for the first half on an FX-neutral basis and 5.6% on a reported basis
- Focus on value delivery through a combination of category and package mix improvements as well as price increases resulted in revenue per case growth by 4.3% on an FX-neutral basis with all market segments improving
- Volume grew by 1.4% in the first half, with growth in all segments
- Volume in the Established markets increased by 0.8%, with a good second quarter supported by the late Easter and a warm June
- Good growth in most of the markets in the Developing segment led to 0.8% volume growth
- The Emerging markets segment delivered 1.9% volume growth in the first half with good performances in Ukraine, Romania and Serbia
- Operating leverage resulted in a 40 basis point reduction in comparable operating expenses as percentage of net sales revenue
- Comparable operating margin increased by 150 basis points to 9.1%, benefiting from operating leverage despite adverse input costs and foreign exchange movements
- Comparable earnings per share was €0.576 – a 38.5% increase on the prior-year period; basic earnings per share was €0.526 - a 35.9% increase on the prior-year period
|Volume (m unit cases)||1,020.9||1,007.3||1.4%|
|Net sales revenue (€ m)||3,213.4||3,043.9||5.6%|
|Net sales revenue per unit case (€)||3.15||3.02||4.2%|
|FX-neutral net sales revenue1 (€ m)||3,213.4||3,039.8||5.7%|
|FX-neutral net sales revenue per unit case1 (€)||3.15||3.02||4.3%|
|Operating expenses (€ m)||(933.5)||(918.1)||1.7%|
|Comparable operating expenses1(€ m)||(920.3)||(885.1)||4.0%|
|Operating profit (EBIT)2 (€ m)||266.4||220.6||20.8%|
|Comparable EBIT1 (€ m)||291.1||229.6||26.8%|
|EBIT margin (%)||8.3||7.2||100bps|
|Comparable EBIT margin1 (%)||9.1||7.5||150bps|
|Net profit3 (€ m)||191.6||140.0||36.9%|
|Comparable net profit1,3 (€ m)||209.6||150.4||39.4%|
|Basic earnings per share (EPS) (€)||0.526||0.387||35.9%|
|Comparable EPS1 (€)||0.576||0.416||38.5%|
1For details on APMs refer to ‘Alternative Performance Measures’ and ‘Definitions and reconciliations of APMs’ sections.
2 Refer to the condensed consolidated income statement.
3Net Profit and comparable net profit refer to net profit and comparable net profit respectively after tax attributable to owners of the parent.
We are delighted to report an excellent set of results for the first half of the year, with volume and revenue per case growth in all three market segments. It is also very pleasing to see the revenue growth translating into significant margin expansion. This demonstrates that our strategy to exploit our lean asset base and improve profitability through operating leverage is powerful and delivers well. We are on track for broad-based revenue and margin growth for the full year with the organisation energised by the progress we are making towards our 2020 financial targets. Dimitris Lois, Chief Executive Officer of Coca‑Cola HBC AG