Maroussi, 24 August 2011 - Coca‑Cola Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. (“Coca‑Cola Hellenic”, the “Company”), makes this announcement in connection with the exercise in August 2011 of Stock Options by employees (and former employees) of the Company and its affiliated companies pursuant to Stock Option Plans approved by General Meetings of the Company.
The announcement contains the exercise prices and the number of shares that were granted and will be listed on the Athens Exchange upon application by the Company.
1. The offering was made to 68 employees of the Company (48 of which are former employees or employees of the Company’s foreign affiliates). Out of those employees, 5 persons (all of them former employees or employees of the Company’s foreign affiliates) exercised Stock Options by written notice to the Company’s Board of Directors. The offering was made with respect to an aggregate of 4,617,691 new ordinary shares of the Company, of a nominal value of € 1.50 each, out of which 28,749 Options were actually exercised and an equal number of shares were issued.
2. Τhe total number of Stock Options that have been granted by the Board of Directors to this date, as authorised by the General Meeting of shareholders, amounts to 18,946,711. Out of these Options, 8,359,768 are currently in force (i.e. they have neither been exercised nor forfeited), of which 4,588,942 Options have already vested and the others will vest in stages until June 23, 2021.
3. The exercise price of the new shares is as follows:
(*) The exercise price per share in relation to the Company’s Stock Option Plans, as this was initially determined by decisions of the General Meetings of the Company dated 22.11.2001, 06.06.2003 and 17.06.2005 respectively, and subsequently adjusted as a consequence of the decision of the General Meeting dated 15.10.2007 to issue bonus shares. The exercise price per share in relation to the Company’s Stock Option Plans adjusted further as a consequence of the decision of the Extraordinary General Meeting of the Company dated 16.10.2009 and the decision of the Annual General Meeting of the Company dated 06.05.2011 to return capital to its shareholders.
(**) Denotes that such exercise price was calculated as the average of the Company's share price at close of trading on the Athens Exchange over the last ten (10) business days prior to the relevant decision of the Board of Directors that granted the Options.
(***) Denotes that such exercise price was equal to the closing price of the Company’s share on the Athens Exchange on the Grant Date.
4. The payment of the share capital increase of the Company was completed on August 8, 2011 and was certified by virtue of a decision of the Company’s Board of Directors dated August 10, 2011. The Ministry of Development, Competitiveness and Shipping proceeded to the registration of the share capital increase and the certification of its payment with the Companies Registry pursuant to its announcement number K2-7300/18.8.2011.
5. As a result of the exercise of the afore-mentioned Options, the share capital of the Company was increased by € 43,123.50 whereas the share premium account was increased by € 177,956.31. As a result, the share capital of the Company amounts to € 549,812,542.50 and is divided into 366,541,695 ordinary shares of a nominal value of € 1.50 each.
6. The Company will proceed to all necessary actions required by law in order to effect the listing of the new shares on the Athens Stock Exchange.
The person responsible for the accuracy of the information related to the Stock Option Plan is Mr. Vassilis Fragoulis, Group Rewards Manager, tel.: +30 210 61 83 312. Interested parties may obtain a copy of this document from the Company's registered seat (9 Fragoklissias Street, Maroussi) and in electronic form from the Company’s website (www.coca-colahellenic.com), as well as on the website of the Athens Exchangewww.ase.gr
Director Investor Relations
tel: +30 210 61 83 255
For elements of the Stock Option Plan:
Group Rewards Manager
tel: +30 210 61 83 312
About Coca‑Cola Hellenic
Coca‑Cola Hellenic is the second largest bottler of products of The Coca‑Cola Company in terms of volume with sales of more than 2 billion unit cases. It has broad geographic footprint with operations in 28 countries serving a population of more than 560 million people. Coca‑Cola Hellenic offers a diverse range of ready-to-drink non-alcoholic beverages in the sparkling, juice, water, sport, energy, tea and coffee categories. Coca‑Cola Hellenic is committed to promoting sustainable development in order to create value for its business and for society. This includes providing products that meet the beverage needs of consumers, fostering an open and inclusive work environment, conducting our business in ways that protect and preserve the environment and contribute to the socio-economic development of our local communities.
Coca‑Cola Hellenic‘s shares are listed on the Athens Exchange (ATHEX: EEEK), with a secondary listing on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: CCB). Coca‑Cola Hellenic’s American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CCH). Coca‑Cola Hellenic is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability and FTSE4Good Indexes. For more information, please visit www.coca-colahellenic.com