Coca‑Cola HBC has been honoured with a Gold award in Chief Learning Officer magazine’s ‘Learning Elite’ league for its efforts to drive growth by boosting learning and development within the company.
The league recognises companies for developing a holistic learning strategy that sets out to build strong leaders and support sustainable growth. CCHBC’s dedicated focus underscores how much it cares for its people, and wants to support them in their learning and development journey. In granting this recognition to CCHBC, selected among entries from many high-profile organizations, the league rewards the companies with the best development solutions to support the capability of all their employees, not only helping them on their path to full performance, but also establishing a true learning culture throughout the organization.
The award follows a major initiative by CCHBC to invest in its people development, resulting in far more time spent by employees on learning. In 2018, CCHBC’s people spent double the amount in training than in 2017. Feedback shows that 89% of participants and their line managers believe the learning programme has improved their job performance.
“We are proud to be recognized for our culture of learning,” said Coca‑Cola HBC CEO Zoran Bogdanovic. “Our leaders invest time into supporting the learning journey of our people with the aim of cultivating their potential and nurturing our passionate teams.” Referring to learning as a critical part of the company’s ‘Growth Story’, Mr Bogdanovic said: “I want to thank all of our employees who have helped us qualify for this learning elite award. It is thanks to their commitment to develop themselves and others, and thus grow our company.”
- 133,000 hours on leadership development in 2018
- 90% of leaders receive training at the right time, when faced with new challenges
- 89% of learners say development improves their performance
- 93% of leaders new in their role rated competent within six months with better line-management support and onboarding
- 11,000 active digital learners
- 600+ active mentors building the culture of leaders supporting development across the company
The Chief Learning Officer jury based its award on an analysis of Coca‑Cola HBC’s learning strategy, which consists of four pillars:-
- Differentiate the skills that will deliver improved performance for growth, and invest more into what matters
- Deploy leadership development at the right time, and support our people when they need it the most
- Mixing the blend of development activity, and enable personalized, on demand, real time learning
- Using technology to enable performance improvement, that every employee can access