Our business model is at the heart of everything we do. It defines the activities in which we take part, the relationships on which we depend and what we want to achieve in order to create value for all our stakeholders in the short, medium and long term.
It starts with our resources. We manage the resources available to our business carefully:
- Human: our people
- Natural: water, energy and other natural resources
- Social and relationship: including our reputation and our ability to earn and maintain the trust of key stakeholders
- Financial: all funds, whether obtained through financing or generated from operations or investments
- Intellectual: including our brands and brands we license as well as proprietary technology, standards, licences and processes
- Manufactured: equipment and buildings
- 2.3bn unit cases of beverages sold in 2019
- 615m consumers reached in 2019
We add value by
Working with our partner The Coca‑Cola Company...
Serving our customers effectively so they can satisfy consumers' refreshment needs...
Meeting consumers' evolving preferences and operating a sustainable, responsible business in the communities where we work...
Working with suppliers, so we can focus on what we do best...
And manufacturing cost efficiently, helping us to produce products responsibly and contributing to our profitability.
- 28,884 people employed directly by Coca‑Cola HBC
- 81.3% share of satisfied customers increased by 2.5pp in 2018
- €487.5m net profit in 2019
By running a profitable, sustainable, responsible business, we create value which is subsequently both retained by our business, making it stronger, and shared with all of our stakeholders.
- Employees: developing, recognising and rewarding our people secures a skilled and motivated workforce
- Customers: producing products efficiently and responsibly builds value for our customers’ businesses
- Shareholders: by managing all inputs to our business well, we create profits which benefit shareholders through dividend payments and share value
- Suppliers: as we create value, we support businesses throughout our value chain and job creation beyond our business
- Communities: when our business is profitable, sustainable and responsible, the communities where we operate benefit through job creation, tax payments to governments, useful products and services, and minimisation of environmental impact. We also have a commitment to invest 2 percent of our pre‑tax profits in programmes to support communities in our territory.
- €313m total taxes paid in 2017
- €3,138m supplier spend in 2016