At Coca‑Cola HBC, we are committed to driving an occupational health and safety (OH&S) culture by developing and applying an effective occupational health and safety system standards and practices appropriate to the risks and opportunities associated with our business activities.
Coca‑Cola HBC delivers its OH&S policy programme through a structured implementation of the occupational health and safety assessment series standard OHSAS 18001 and occupational health and safety management system ISO 45001.
This is enhanced by specific Coca‑Cola Company and Coca‑Cola HBC occupational health and safety standards. This policy programme aims to provide and maintain a healthy and safe working environment by eliminating hazards, reducing health and safety risks, and raising awareness among employees, contractors, visitors and others who may be affected by business-related activities.
Our commitment to providing a healthy and safe working environment supports the following health and safety principles:
- Provide an environment where work-related health and safety risks are controlled to prevent injuries and occupational ill health.
- Comply with all legal and other applicable OH&S requirements from e.g. The Coca‑Cola Company in all Coca‑Cola HBC territories and conform with relevant international
standards by implementing continuous improvement programmes.
- Implement an effective OH&S management programme integral to ongoing business activities, which will:
- Identify, assess and control OH&S risks and opportunities from known causes of occupational injuries and ill health associated with workplace processes and working environments.
- Ensure that all employees, at every level of the organization, understand and are committed to implementing Coca‑Cola HBC’s OH&S policies and practices.
- Provide a mechanism for the consultation and participation of employees and/or their representatives related to OH&S activities.
- Develop employee OH&S competency through effective training and leadership at all levels in the organization.
- Subject OH&S systems, procedures and performance to internal and external audits and validation.
- Investigate the causes of work-related injuries and ill health and take actions to prevent recurrence.
- Align the requirements of OH&S with all other business disciplines and ensure that they are subject to performance measurement and continuous improvement programmes.
- Include occupational health and safety strategies in the annual business planning process to ensure the subject remains an integral part of operations.
- Set annual measurable OH&S objectives for all operations, and at group level, to ensure OH&S culture, continuous improvement and compliance with requirements.
- Communicate and share successful practices and lessons learned from incidents, to continually raise awareness and act preventively.
We report our OH&S performance in our Integrated Annual Report as part of our commitment to achieving excellence in OH&S.
As CEO, I’m committed to our OH&S Policy, which is owned and endorsed by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and the H&S OpCO Board. I’m determined to provide the leadership and resources required to ensure this policy is fully implemented. That said, every Coca‑Cola HBC employee at every level and in every function in the organisation is responsible for the successful implementation of this policy and the related programmes. Zoran Bogdanovic, Chief Executive Officer