Athens, Greece – 23 June 2008 - The Annual General Meeting of the shareholders of Coca‑Cola Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. (Coca‑Cola Hellenic, the Company) took place on 23 June 2008. 386 shareholders representing 292.310.245 shares, out of a total number of 365.373.700, i.e. 80% of the Company’s share capital were present or represented and voted at the Meeting.
The following matters on the Agenda were discussed and the following decisions were made:
1. The Management Report by the Board of Directors and of the Audit Certificate by the Company’s Chartered Auditor-Accountant on the Company’s Financial Statements and activities for the fiscal year which ended on 31.12.2007 were submitted.
2. The Company’s annual Financial Statements for the fiscal year which ended on 31.12.2007 and of the consolidated Financial Statements were submitted and approved.
3. The members of the Board of Directors and the Auditors of the Company were released from any liability for their activity during the fiscal year ended on 31.12.2007.
4. The remuneration of the members of the Board of Directors for their participation in the meetings of the Board of Directors and for their services to the Company for the fiscal year 2007 was approved and their remuneration for the fiscal year 2008 was pre-approved.
5. PricewaterhouseCoopers were elected as Statutory Auditors for the fiscal year 2008 and the Board of Directors was authorised to determine their fees.
6. The distribution of a dividend of EUR 0.25 per share was approved. Holders of shares at the closing of the Athens Exchange on Tuesday 24 June 2008 will be entitled to receive the dividend. As of Wednesday 25 June 2008, the Company’s share will trade ex-dividend. The distribution of dividend will commence on Thursday 3 July 2008.
7. The appointment of new members of the Board (substituting members that have resigned) was ratified. The new Board of Directors consists of the following persons:
George A. David
Anastassis G. David
Anastasios P. Leventis
Charalambos K. Leventis
Alexander B. Cummings
Κent Atkinson independent non-executive director
Antonio D’ Amato independent non-executive director
Sir Michael Llewellyn-Smith independent non-executive director
Nigel Macdonald independent non-executive director
Samir Toubassy independent non-executive director
8. Article 1, paragraph 2 of the Company’s Articles of Association regarding the Company’s distinctive title for use in its foreign activities was amended.
9. The conversion of the Company’s shares from bearer to registered shares and the amendment of article 4, paragraph 2 of the Company’s Articles of Association was approved.
10. The provisions relating to the issuance of bonds by the Company in articles 11, 15 and 19 of the Company’s Articles of Association regarding the powers of the Board of Directors and of the General Meeting, as well as the special quorum of the General Meeting, were amended.
11. Article 20, paragraph 3 of the Company’s Articles of Association regarding the special majority of the General Meeting was amended.
12. The Company’s Articles of Association were amended in order to adjust to the provisions of Law 3604/2007, which revised Codified Law 2190/1920: Specifically, the following were approved: amendment of articles 3, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 17, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, supplement, abolition and re-numbering of provisions and articles, as well as the codification of the Company’s Articles of Association.
13. Stock option plans of the Company in accordance with article 13, paragraph 13 of Codified Law 2190/1920 were amended.
Investor Relations Director
Investor Relations Manager
Tel: +30 210 618 3229
Tel: +30 210 618 3255
email : email@example.com
European press contact:
Financial Dynamics London
Tel: +44 20 7269 7206
US press contact:
Financial Dynamics US
Tel: +1 212 850 5600
Coca‑Cola Hellenic’s website is located at www.coca-colahellenic.com.
Coca‑Cola Hellenic is one of the world's largest bottlers of products of The Coca‑Cola Company and has operations in 28 countries serving a population of 550 million people. Coca‑Cola Hellenic‘s shares are listed on the Athens Exchange (ATHEX: EEEK), with secondary listings on the London (LSE: CCB) and Australian (ASX: CHB) Stock Exchanges. Coca‑Cola Hellenic’s American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CCH).