Athens, Greece – 20 June 2007 - The Annual General Meeting of the shareholders of Coca‑Cola Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. (Coca‑Cola HBC, CCHBC, the Company) took place on 20 June 2007.
257 shareholders representing 193,782,430 shares, out of a total number of 242,067,916, i.e. 80.05% of the Company’s share capital were present or represented and voted at the Meeting.
The following matters on the Agenda were discussed and the following decisions were made:
1) The Management Report by the Board of Directors and of the Audit Certificate by the Company’s Chartered Auditor-Accountant on the Company’s Financial Statements and activities for the fiscal year which ended on 31.12.2006 were submitted.
2) The Company’s annual Financial Statements for the fiscal year which ended on 31.12.2006 and of the consolidated Financial Statements were submitted and approved.
3) The members of the Board of Directors and the Auditors of the Company were released from any liability for their activity during the fiscal year ended on 31.12.2006.
4) The remuneration of the members of the Board of Directors for their participation in the meetings of the Board of Directors and for their services to the Company for the fiscal year 2006 was approved and their remuneration for the fiscal year 2007 (1.1.2007 - 31.12.2007) was pre-approved.
5) PricewaterhouseCoopers were elected as Statutory Auditors for the fiscal year 2007 (1.1.2007 - 31.12.2007) and the Board of Directors was authorised to determine their fees.
6) The distribution of a dividend of EUR 0.32 per share was approved. Holders of shares at the closing of the Athens Exchange on Thursday 21 June 2007 will be entitled to receive the dividend. As of Friday 22 June 2007, the Company’s share will trade ex dividend. The distribution of dividend will commence on Monday 2 July 2007.
7) The appointment of new members of the Board (substituting members that have resigned) was ratified. The new Board of Directors consists of the following persons:
Doros Constantinou executive director
George A. David non-executive director
Anastassis G. David non-executive director
Anastasios P. Leventis non-executive director
Charalambos K. Leventis non-executive director
Alexander B. Cummings non-executive director
Irial Finan non-executive director
Κent Atkinson independent non-executive director
Antonio D’ Amato independent non-executive director
Sir Michael Llewellyn-Smith independent non-executive director
Nigel Macdonald independent non-executive director
Samir Toubassy independent non-executive director
8) An amendment of the terms of the Company’s existing stock option plans for the benefit of Board members and the management of the Company and its affiliate entities under Greek law 2190/1920 Article 13 para. 9, was approved to introduce a provision authorizing the Board, in the event of any equity restructuring, to make equitable adjustments to the terms of the stock option plans relating to: (i) the number and kind of ordinary shares which may be delivered in connection with stock options already granted or that may be granted in the future, (ii) the maximum number of stock options that may be granted and (iii) their exercise price.
Coca‑Cola HBC is one of the world's largest bottlers of products of The Coca‑Cola Company and has operations in 28 countries serving a population of 540 million people. CCHBC shares are listed on the Athens Exchange (ATHEX: EEEK), with secondary listings on the London (LSE: CCB) and Australian (ASX: CHB) Stock Exchanges. CCHBC’s American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CCH).
Coca‑Cola HBC – Investor Relations
Tel: +30 210 618 3100
European Press Contact:
Financial Dynamics Athens
Tel: (+44) 20 7269 7206
Mobile: (+44) 7940 538950
US Press Contact:
Financial Dynamics US
Tel: +1 212 850 5600
Coca‑Cola HBC’s website is located at www.coca-colahbc.com.