Athens, Greece – April 24, 2003 – Coca‑Cola Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. (ASE: EEEK, NYSE:CCH, LSE: CCB, ASX:CHB) announced today invitation of the shareholders to an Annual General Meeting.
By decision of the Board of Directors of the Company, which was taken on 22 April 2003, in its meeting with number 615 and according to the provisions of Law 2190/1920 "re: Societes Anonymes" and to the provisions of article 17 of the Articles of Association of the Company, the Shareholders of the societe anonyme under the tradename "COCA-COLA HELLENIC BOTTLING COMPANY S.A" and the distinctive title "COCA-COLA HBC" are invited to an Annual General Meeting, which will be convened at the "VILLAGE CENTER" cinema, room 8, 3 Fragoklissias Street, Marousi, Athens, Greece, on Friday, June 6 2003, at 11:00 am, with the following items on the Agenda:
1. Submission of the Management Report by the Board of Directors and of the Audit Certificate of the Chartered Auditor-Accountant on the Financial Statements and activities for the fiscal year ended on 31.12.2002.
2. Submission and approval of the annual Financial Statements for the fiscal year ended on 31.12.2002 (Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Account Statement, Table of Distribution of Earnings, Schedule) and of the consolidated Financial Statements.
3. Release of the members of the Board of Directors and of the Auditors of the company from any liability for their activity during the fiscal year ended on 31.12.2002.
4. Approval of the remuneration of the members of the Board of Directors for their participation in the meetings of the BoD and their services to the company for the fiscal year 2002 and pre-approval of remuneration for the fiscal year 2003.
5. Election of Certified Auditors for the fiscal year 2003 and determination of their fees.
6. Approval of distribution of Profits (dividend) for the fiscal year 2002.
7. Approval of stock option plan for directors and executives of the Company and its affiliate companies, in accordance with article 13, para. 9 of Codified Law 2190/1920.
Shareholders wishing to participate in the General Meeting must deposit at the Central Offices of the Company (9, Fragoklissias Str, Marousi), at least five (5) days prior to the General Meeting, the relevant certificate of blocking of shares from the Central Securities Depository, and in case of representation by proxy, the relevant legalization documents.
For the following categories of person wishing to be represented at the meeting, this requirement will be dealt as follows:
• For ADR holders at NYSE, by Bank of New York
• For CDI holders at ASX, by Chess Depositary Nominees Pty Ltd
• For shareholders at LSE, by Lloyds TSB Registrars Corporate Nominee Limited
Coca‑Cola HBC is one of the world's largest bottlers of The Coca‑Cola Company and has operations in 26 countries serving a population of more than 500 million people. The company employs more than 35,000 people and is listed on the stock exchanges of Athens, London, Sydney and New York.
Director of Investor Relations & Business Development
Tel: +30 210 618 3100
Investor Relations Analyst
Tel: +30 210 618 3124
European Press Contact:
Tel: +44 207 269 7227
Mobile: +30 694 775 2284
U.S. Press Contact:
Tel: +1 212 850 5600
Coca‑Cola HBC’s website is located at www.coca-colahbc.com.